Mistakes are, after all, the foundations of truth, and if a man does not know what a thing is, it is at least an increase in knowledge if he knows what it is not. ― Carl Jung
1. Improves your memory
2. Extends your life span
3. Boosts your creativity
4. Strengthens your immune system
5. Reduces your risk for depression
6. Improves your physical performance
7. Sharpens your attention
8. Reduces your stress
9. Helps your body heel itself
10. Helps you lose weight
11. Makes you more alert
Minimum 6 hours and Maximum 8 hours per day for adults
~ by Positive Health Tips
[Trigger warnings mainly for suicidality, but also for abuse, neglect, medical abuse, police brutality, ableist violence and plain old ableism]
Here’s the reason I’m still here: Because at the times of my life, my childhood, my teens, my adulthood, where I’ve wanted to die I’ve had people I knew would be upset I was gone.
I’m doing really well with my mental health over all lately- I have had a few bumpy days here or there, but I’m overall a happy person now. Even when I’m having the bumpy days, I’ve become someone with a happiness underneath inside me to keep me moving and using positive coping strategies. Even on days when I have panic attacks. Even on days where I’m having flashbacks, though it’s buried pretty deeply on those days. Even on days where I feel a general hopeless miasma. It feels surreal, if I’m entirely honest.
View original post 1,022 more words
The smallest things can make a big difference having people who always make time to message you each day just to let you know that you are on their mind. It does not take very long to send a short message. You will never know how having someone who is always there can mean to someone who might be going through a hard time. we all have busy lifes, but knowing that you have someone who wants to be in your life can mean so much.
Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny—he has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work has to be completed. You are not here accidentally—you are here meaningfully. There is a purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you. — Osho
Healing is a different type of pain. It’s the pain of becoming aware of the power of one’s strength and weakness, of one’s capacity to love or do damage to oneself and to others, and of how the most challenging person to control in life is ultimately yourself.
― Caroline Myss
Today I’m thankful that although I have a disability; which I always need to have someone with me to go out and all of my physical needs, I can still have the life of a normal” adult whatever you think that looks like! I just had a busy weekend and that made me realize that not everyone who has my kind of disability can have a life that they would like to have. And for the people who help make that happen, thank you! !
Something amazing happens when we surrender and just love. We melt into another world, a realm of power already within us. The world changes when we change. the world softens when we soften. The world loves us when we choose to love the world.
― Marianne Williamson
Dealing With Depression
Unhappiness, suddenly finding yourself in tears, feeling not able to do anything. You need to spend energy also low energy… if you have some of these symptoms you might be depressed.
Psychologist Seliha Dolaşır, gives some advices against depression which reduces one’s quality of life and expectations. According to her advises it would be possible to get rid of this inconvenient mood with activities during the day.
Us Institute of Psychiatry in Clinical Psychologist Seliyh gave the following information about the symptoms and cope roads of depression: “Depression is a perpetual unhappiness and also it is a mood disorder that causes loosing curiosity.
Depression can lead to various of emotional and physical problems by one’s way of feeling, thinking and acting. It is not a sign of weakness and depression doesn’t let you go simply it may require mid-long term treatment.
SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION
• Sadness, burst out crying, feelings of emptiness or hopelessness.
• Even in small matters bursts of anger, much frustration or sensitivity.
• The loss of interest or pleasure in normal activities like hobbies or sports.
• sleeping disorders such as sleeping little or sleeping too much.
• Even if for small business lack of energy.
• Changes in appetite; often poor appetite and weight loss, but contrary increased appetite and weight gain in some individuals.
• Anxiety, agitation or restlessness.
• Slow thinking, speaking or body movements.
• Feelings of worthlessness or guilt.
• Blame yourself for the mistakes that are not your responsibility or focus for past.
• Thinking, lack of concentration, wrong decisions and have trouble remembering daily things.
• Thoughts and attempts of suicide.
• Unexplained back pain or headaches, some physical problems.
TO WARD OFF DEPRESSION
1. Spend more time with your family and dearest friends.
2. Express and give importance to your own feelings and needs, as much as other’s you attend.
3. Do not forget the depression cycle! You can be mostly sleepy and feeling not willing to do any activities. If you sit at home and feed symptoms, you can increase the level of depression. ; In this case you should move more, even if you don’t like much!
4. Don’t look and focus past.
5. Increase the positive feeling expressions in your speeches bur also don’t forget to say negative feelings and thoughts in the right time and proper dosage.
6. In the healing process, your feelings can change time to time, ıt could be in positive-negative directions, take it easy!
7. It is important to spend time with family members, not only in home, also making some outside activities together.
8. Don’t forget those two have same effects; making regular open air walks and antidepressant pills.
9. You should reduce the time you spent in bed, take some responsibilities in order to increase your moving capacity.
10. Be sure to take advantage of more daylight. Try to run yourself to get up early to go to bed early in.
“Just because your world is falling apart doesn’t mean you have to fall apart. When everything seems crazy, you be calm. Don’t let the outer chaos you are facing get inside of you.”
— Bryant McGill
To my amazing friend C, Ever meet someone from first meet you felt that it was not by accident but you both needed the friendship. I love this amazing crazy lady so much, its so great to have someone who does not mind, how much I message her I know she has lots to do but when I need someone to talk to she always has been there! Or even when I need someone to come over she has been there every time with the biggest heart ever! I will never forget about the first time that I needed help with something, we had just started talking still getting to know each other more; I had just found out that my aide couldn’t come help me; I had been talking with her, and when I took her she said that she would be over with dinner. It was the first time she would help me with my care and I was a little nervous that it would be hard for her to understand me; because people who have not been around me can’t understand what i’m saying but she found a way to understand me. We laugh so much when we are together it’s like we don’t have to talk much just laugh! My best crazy cat lady friend, you have been the best gift to me, always there just when I really need. I love you so much more than you know! ❤ I’m so thankful for you
I am going to start writing when I can about thankfulness or things that I’m thankful for, I know we do this during November but I think that everything is a gift, each day there will be little things to be thankful for. Maybe something as small as waking up and looking outside and that gives you happiness. I have been realizing now more than ever how you never know how fast life can change. I am thankful for everything in my life, even the times where it’s all going wrong, I know I wouldn’t be doing the things that make my life happy if life was was easy. I have a disability life can get hard but I think it’s helps me get to what I am meant to do! I am so thankful to the people who have never thought I am just a girl with cp and can’t do anything for myself and make me try things so I can be independent. I am also thankful for people who may be see me and think that I am a kid; no I just do things differently . I am thankful and happy about everything, life is so amazing, I want to give thanks every day.
this is important, ”Can’t say it enough…Many people think that a suicide attempt is a selfish move because the person just does not care about the people left behind. I can tell you that when a person gets to that point, they truly believe that their loved ones will be much better off with them gone.This is mental illness not selfishness. TRUTH: Depression is a terrible disease and seems relentless. A lot of us have been close to that edge, or dealt with family members in a crisis, and some have lost friends and loved ones. Let’s look out for each other and stop sweeping mental illness under the rug. May I ask my family and friends wherever you might be, to kindly copy and paste this status for one hour to give a moment of support to all those who have family problems, health struggles, job issues, worries of any kind and just need to know that someone cares. Do it for all of us, for nobody is immune. I did it for my step son. Hope to see this on the walls of all my family and friends just for moral support. I know some will!!! You have to copy and paste this one, no sharing. To copy simply hold your finger on the text and the copy option will appear. Click on it. Then click on your status and paste will appear. Thank you 💚💛❤”’
Do you always put others first? Do you ever get that feeling that, if you focus on the needs of others somehow you will get noticed? Maybe you’re at a place in your life that you think you’ve had your time its time to give back. Giving to those in need is so amazing, to me it’s as if I give myself a gift each time I felt like I have helped someone! But I know that there are people who want to let their needs go in the way of being a light of others as if they are not important. This post is for YOU! I think about you knowing that may be you are hurting or you don’t want to worry anyone thinking that you are not important guess what you are wrong! YOU ARE! You are loved, the people who are closet to you will support you, once you see a important you are!